DAVISON COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
2021-2022 Kindergarten & Developmental Kindergarten Registration Information
Welcome to Davison Community Schools! We look forward to seeing you and your child at the District’s Annual Kindergarten and Developmental Kindergarten (Early Five) Registration. The District will provide full-day classes for the 2021-2022 school year.
Registration: For all kindergarten and developmental kindergarten age* students who reside within the district’s boundaries
Location: Thomson Elementary, 617 E Clark Street, Davison - DOOR 8
Dates/Times: Monday, April 19 – Friday, April 23- Appointments are available from 8:30 - 11:00 am and 12:45 - 3:15 pm
*A child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021 to register. If your child’s 5th birthday falls between September 2 and December 1 and you are interested in enrollment, a waiver is required. Please inquire with the school secretary when scheduling your child’s registration appointment.
Please call Thomson Elementary at (810) 591-0911 BETWEEN March 1 – April 15 to schedule your child’s registration appointment. Plan to allow approximately 30 minutes for your scheduled appointment. Please bring the child to be enrolled. The registration process will include a brief basic skills screening of your child.
Please plan on providing the following (you may upload when completing online enrollment form):
- The child’s birth certificate (if you upload the document be sure the raised seal is visible in the photo)
- Davison residency verification. Verification of Davison residency must include the following three valid proofs of residency:
1: Valid driver’s license with the current Davison address (include front and back if uploading)
2: Utility bill (i.e. electric, gas, water, cable, landline phone). The “service” address must be indicated on the bill provided. IF YOU PAY YOUR BILLS ONLINE, PLEASE PRINT YOUR ONLINE BILL**
3: An additional utility bill, cell phone bill, bank or credit card statement, tax bill OR Mortgage/lease agreement**
**Proofs above must be in the same name/address as the parent/legal guardian listed on the valid driver’s license submitted. All proofs must be dated within the past two months.
Parents/Legal Guardians: In order to complete registration for your child, you must upload the required proofs of residency listed above prior to your appointment or bring the documents with you to your scheduled appointment. If you are unable to provide or have any questions regarding the required documents, please discuss this with the school secretary when scheduling your child’s registration appointment. If the required proofs of residency are not provided at the time of appointment, your child will not be enrolled in a school building or assigned a teacher until received.
We will print your child’s most up-to-date immunization record. A physical is not required.
ALL IMMUNIZATIONS MUST BE UP TO DATE PRIOR TO THE START OF SCHOOL.
To complete online kindergarten enrollment forms please follow these instructions to create a ParentVUE account.
**If you have another student attending Davison Community Schools, please use your current ParentVUE account. There is no need to create a new account.
- Click on the DCS Online Registration link here: DCS Online Registration Portal
- Under the login space, click the "More Options" tab and then click “Create a New Account.”
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to set up your account.
- Once you have created your account, you will receive an email that will prompt you to create a password for your account.
- Use the username and password you created to login to Online Registration.
- Click on the "Online Registration" tab in the upper right corner.
- Please be sure to select the 2021/2022 school year.
- If you have multiple students to register, under the student tab of the online registration, you can click "Add New Student." DO NOT register students currently enrolled in Davison in grades K - 12 for next school year at this time.
- Once you have completed and reviewed each student’s application be sure to select ‘Submit’. This notifies school staff of the pending application. The application will be processed when proofs of residency are received. NOTE: It is not recommended to complete the New Student enrollment process on a cell phone.
Due to COVID restrictions, please limit your appointment to one adult and your child. Face masks and social distancing are required. Cleaning will take place between appointments.
Kindergarten classes will be offered at Siple Elementary, Thomson Elementary and Hill Elementary. Currently, developmental kindergarten classes are only available at Thomson Elementary. Representatives from each building will be available during registration to process your child’s enrollment documents and answer any questions you may have. If all required documentation listed above is received, you will be notified of your child’s school building placement, kindergarten orientation date and time, and teacher assignment in early August. We’re excited to meet you and your child and look forward to having your child join Davison Community Schools!