Davison Community Schools
Budget and Salary/Compensation Transparency Reporting
Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on its website within 30 days after a board adopts it annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to that budget. The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate our community on how we utilize the resources that are provided to us.
The following information is required to be posted on our website:
- a) Fiscal Year Board Approved Budget: The current year board approved budget and subsequent amendments should be posted under this heading. Budgets and amendments must be detailed at the function level and include beginning and ending fund balances.
- bi) Personnel Expenditures: This pie chart for the most recently completed fiscal year is found in the Financial Information Database (FID).
bii) Current Operating Expenditures: This pie chart for the most recently completed fiscal year is found in the FID.
- ci) Current Bargaining Agreements: A copy of the current bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit.
cii) Employer Sponsored Health Care Plans: A copy of the plan summary document detailing the current terms of all employee medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of employee benefits that would constitute health care services offered to a bargaining unit or individual employee.
ciii) Audited Financial Statements: A copy of the audited financial statement reports for the most recently completed fiscal year. Alternatively, you may choose to provide a link to the Department’s Office of Audit website.
civ) Medical Benefit Plan Bids: A copy of the “4 or more” latest bids solicited from different carriers every 3 years when renewing or continuing medical benefit plans, as required in MCL 124.75.
- cv) Procurement Policy: The district’s current policy on the procurement of supplies, materials and equipment.
cvi) Expense Reimbursement Policy: The district’s current policy on reimbursable expenses.
cvii) Accounts Payable Check Register – or – Statement of Reimbursed Expenses: Either the district’s accounts payable check register for the most recently completed fiscal year or a statement of the total amount of expenses reimbursed by the district during the most recently completed fiscal year for board members and employees. One of these reports must be posted.
- d) Employee Compensation Information: A report of the total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the school superintendent or Public School Academy equivalent. For schools that do not have a superintendent, this information must be disclosed for the top administrator listed in the Educational Entity Master. In addition to the above, this information must also be disclosed for all other employees whose salary exceeds $100,000. Salary is defined as Medicare wages on the employee’s most current W2. This data must be all inclusive and should be data from the most recently completed calendar year. This item should be updated within 30 days of the W2 issuance, no later than March 1st.
- e) District Paid Association Dues: A report that includes the annual amount paid by the school for association dues on behalf of the school or its staff for the most recently completed fiscal year. The report should include a listing of dues paid to each individual association at both the federal and state levels.
- f) District Paid Lobbying Costs: A report that includes the annual amount the school paid for lobbying or lobbying services as defined in MCL 4.415, for the most recently completed fiscal year.
- g) Approved Deficit Elimination Plan: A copy of the most recent state approved deficit elimination plan. The entire plan (complete workbook) must be provided.
- h) District Credit Card Information: A report that includes the type, credit limit, authorized individual(s), authorized dollar limit(s), and last four digits of all credit cards maintained by the district as district credit cards.
- i) District Paid Out-of-State Travel Information: A report that details the costs incurred for each instance of out-of-state travel by a district administrator for the most recently completed fiscal year. MCL 423.201 defines a public school administrator as “a superintendent, assistant superintendent, chief business official, principal, or assistant principal employed by a school district, intermediate school district, or public school academy.” The report should also, at a minimum, include the identification of each individual on the trip, the destination, and purpose of the trip.
Annual Operating Budget and Subsequent Revisions
(Adopted December 3, 2018)
(Adopted June 18, 2018)
2018 June Budget Revision
(Adopted June 18, 2018)
2018 March Budget Revision
(Adopted March 5, 2018)
2017 November Budget Revision
(Adopted November 1, 2017)
Summary of Personnel Expenditures Expressed in Pie Charts
Summary of Current Operating Expenditures Expressed in Pie Charts
Listing of the Collective Bargaining Agreements and Health Care Plans
Audited Financial Statements
Bids Solicited for Medical Benefit Plans
Expense Reimbursement Policy
Accounts Payable Register
Employee Compensation Information
District Paid Association Dues
District Paid Lobbying Costs
There were no expenditures for lobbying activities or
lobbying services for the 2017/18 school year.
Approved District Deficit Elimination Plan
The district has not incurred a deficit.
District Credit Card Information
District Paid Out-of-State Travel