Cardinal's Nest Latchkey and Preschool
Davison Community Schools has recognized the need for increased high quality 3 and 4 year old preschool programming to ensure our earliest learners are ready for kindergarten. New programs and procedures at the Cardinal’s Nest for the 2018-2019 school year include:
- Additional 3 and 4 year old preschool programming. Both ½ and full day options.
- Morning latchkey will be housed at the Cardinal’s Nest for Central, Siple, GSRP and Thomson students. Those students will then be bussed to their respective school buildings to begin the school day. Morning latchkey for students at Gates and Hill Elementary schools will continue to be held on-site at the respective school buildings.
- After school p.m. latchkey will be housed at Hill, Gates, and Hahn. Cardinal’s Nest will house after school latchkey for Central, Thomson, GSRP, Siple students,
- The Cardinal’s Nest will operate on a 4-week flat rate session system, not by the hour or month. Pre-payment prior to each four week session must be made during the designated week of registration. *See attached registration and payment schedule for details including registration and payment deadlines and the dates for 9 sessions.
- The District website will include an up to date Early Learning page to keep our community informed regarding District early learning programming.
- The Cardinal’s Nest is no longer offering hourly child care. If you are in need of child care, you may visit www.greatstartconnect.org for information regarding local licensed child care providers.
2018-19 Fall Preschool and Latchkey Registration is Coming! Mark your calendars! 3 and 4 year old ½ and full day Preschool & Latchkey Registration for the 2018-19 school year opens to currently enrolled families on Monday, May 7th. You must call for an appointment. See complete registration schedule below.
Monday, April 23rd- Cardinal’s Nest will begin taking calls to schedule appointments for 3 and 4 year old ½ and full day preschool and latchkey for 3 and 4 year olds. *call 591-0821 between 8:00 and 4:00 to schedule your appointment.
Fall Registration Schedule: Please note that these dates represent the first day you can register, not the only date. Registration will continue until all programs are full. Spaces fill quickly so it is recommended that you register as early as possible.
Monday-Friday May 7th- 10th - Preschool Registration *3 and 4 year old ½ or full day preschool programs and those families that want a.m. and/or p.m. latchkey for preschool students.
Monday, May 7th- Currently enrolled preschool families
Tuesday, May 8th- Currently enrolled preschool families
Wednesday, May 9th- Davison School Employees
Thursday, May 10th- Davison School Employees
Monday-Friday May 14th-18th - Latchkey Registration opens for school age
*All registration is located at the Cardinal’s Nest
Friday, May 11th - Hahn currently enrolled families
Monday, May 14th- Hill and Gates currently enrolled families
Tuesday, May 15th- Thomson, Siple and Central currently enrolled families
Thursday, May 17th- 2nd day for any currently enrolled families for Hill, Gates, Siple, Thomson, Hahn, or Cardinal’s Nest
Monday-Friday May 21st-25th
Summer Program Registration for current families only - At Cardinal’s Nest office
Monday-Friday June 4th-8th
Monday-June 4th- District Preschool and Latchkey registration open to the public.
Preschool Registration (3 and 4 year old ½ and full day) - By appointment only. Call 591-0821 to schedule your appointment.
Latchkey Registration - At Cardinal’s Nest office between 8:00-4:00 until program is full. Registration packet can be printed and filled out prior to coming into the office to register.
In order to register your child for next school year, a 2018-19 Registration Packet must be completely filled out, with no blank spaces. A $35 non-refundable registration fee is due at the time of registration; $10 for each additional child. Check and cash are the only forms of payment accepted for registration fees. Schedules must be set at the time of registration; there will be a $25 fee for any schedule changes made after initial registration and before August 10th. There is no schedule change fee when schedules are altered during regular registration/payment weeks throughout the school year.
2018-2019 Preschool & Latchkey Registration Information
New Preschool & Latchkey registrations are only accepted during designated Registration Weeks (see Registration & Payment Schedule). A completed 2018-2019 Latchkey or Preschool Registration Packet must be turned into the Cardinal’s Nest along with applicable registration fees and tuition payment. Forms are also available in our office at the Cardinal’s Center.
- Forms must be completely filled out, with no blank spaces; incomplete forms will not be processed
- $35 non-refundable registration fee for 1st child, $10 each additional child
We accept Cash and Checks; there is no online registration and credit cards cannot be used for registration payments. However, credit cards can be used for tuition payment. All tuition for preschool and latchkey must be pre-paid prior the session beginning within the payment schedule time period. See attached payment schedule.
Cardinal’s Nest Preschool & Latchkey
The Cardinal's Nest Preschool & Latchkey program is a part of the award-winning Davison Community School District. We offer both half day and full day Preschool, as well as before and after school care for Preschool and Elementary students. We provide latchkey services for students attending Cardinal’s Nest, Thomson, Hill, Siple, Gates, Central, and Hahn.
Payment Drop Box
For your convenience we have a payment drop box located right outside our office door in the Cardinal’s Nest. The building is open until 6 p.m.
6 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Marilyn Strader, Director