Community Service Program
The Student Community Service program at Davison High School encourages and rewards students who are making significant contributions to their community by conferring COMMUNITY SERVICE HONOR CORDS each yearat graduation. This is a voluntary program that recognizes students for their contributions of time and energy for the betterment of the community by participating in activities that provide unpaid services for those who could not otherwise provide those services for themselves.
Students who earn a minimum of 120 hours of community service credit during their high school years, grades 9 through 12, are eligible to receive white service cords and be considered for community service-related award and scholarship opportunities. They may begin earning service credit during the summer between 8th and gth grades. Credit will be given for only those hours earned outside of the regular school day or when school is not in session.
Points for service credit may be earned by participating in a variety of activities with organizations such as, but not limited to:
- Tutoring (outside school hours)
- Church (non profit outreach activities only)
- School service projects
- Humane Society
- Empty Bowl Project
- Honors Night/Graduation
- Red Cross/hospital volunteer
- Nursing homes/Hospice facilities
- Public library
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Pumpkin Fest Activities
- Senior centers/Eiderty programs
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Project Rake Up
- Other (must be pre-approved)
Activities that do not come under the guidelines of this program include:
- Service to family members Political Campaigns
- Homecoming activities
- Church activities (regular or profit-making)
- Events during the school day
- NHS activities Boy/Girt Scout activities Other (at discretion of committee)
Where to find out about community service opportunities:
- Bulletin Board in Career Center
- Local newspapers
- Daily Announcements on DTV
- School/Community Clubs (Key Club, NHS, sports teams)
Community Service hours need to be submitted within thirty (30) days of the time you complete your project with the exception of hours earned during the summer months. These may be turned in at the beginning of the school year.
Please click on the form below to record your hours. You may check your cumulative hours at any time in the Career Center.