Board of Education Goals
A committee consisting of board of education members, central office and building administrators, curriculum coordinators and members of the Advisory Curriculum Council was charged with taking another look at the goals and coming up with specific ways to measure the district’s progress in attaining them. These goals will provide an important sense of direction that will lead our district toward being the very best it can become as it prepares for the challenges of the new millennium.
The three goals of the Board of Education are as follows:
Goal 1 Instructional Goal: All students will achieve academic success through quality instruction and support.
Indicators - Student achievement levels will improve:
- The percentage of students achieving satisfactory performance on all subtests of the M-STEP, including the SAT, will annually rank among the top 10 percent in the State of Michigan.
- Student academic performance on Michigan standardized tests will show improvement gains over time. Beginning in 2015 with the new state assessment, M-STEP, there will be a visibleupward trend in proficiency levels in all areas based on a minimum of three consecutive years of data.
- All students will show appropriate (year for a year) annual growth based on state standardized test data. The percent of students making average or above average annual growth (cohort data) will annually rank among the top 10 percent in the State of Michigan.
- 90% of all students enrolled in Davison High School will graduate in four (4) years. Davison Alternative Education High School students will graduate within five years.
Goal 2 Resources Goal: Davison Community Schools will maximize its resources.
Indicators - Fund equity in General Fund will remain stable while continuing to provide high quality instructional and supporting services.
- Fund equity in General Fund will remain stable while continuing to provide high quality instructional and supporting services.
- Use of facilities by community groups will increase.
- Transportation services will improve.
- Custodial and maintenance programs will improve.
- Energy usage will continue to be monitored to maintain cost avoidance.
Goal 3 School Climate Goal: Davison Community Schools will develop and maintain a cooperative, safe and respectful environment.
- Connection to School
To view the latest presentation on the Board of Education Goals, please click on this link Board of Education Goals Presentation August 2018