Kindergarten Registration Information
Registration: For all kindergarten and developmental kindergarten age students who reside within the district’s residential boundaries
Location: Davison High School Athletic Meeting Room (South Door # 12), 1250 N Oak Rd, Davison
Dates/Times: Monday, April 20– Friday, April 24. Appointments are available from 8:30-11 a.m. and 12:45 - 3:15 p.m.
Please call Thomson Elementary at (810) 591-0911 BETWEEN March 2 and APRIL 13 to schedule your child’s registration appointment. Plan to allow approximately 30-45 minutes for your scheduled appointment.
Please bring the following with you to your registration appointment:
1. The child to be enrolled. The registration process will include a brief basic skills screening of your child. A child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020, to register. If your child’s 5th birthday falls between September 2 and December 1 and you are interested in enrollment, a waiver is required. Please inquire with the school secretary when scheduling your child’s registration appointment.
2. The child’s official (with the raised seal) birth certificate.
3. Davison residency verification. Verification of Davison residency must include the following three valid proofs of residency:
- Valid driver’s license with the current Davison address.
- Utility bill (i.e. electric, gas, water, cable, landline phone). The “service” address must be indicated on the bill provided. If you pay your bills online, PLEASE PRINT YOUR ONLINE BILL.**
- An additional utility bill, bank or credit card statement, tax bill OR Mortgage/lease agreement.**
**Proofs above must be in the same name/address as the parent/legal guardian listed on the valid driver’s license submitted. All proofs must be dated within the past two months.
Parents/Legal Guardians: In order to complete registration for your child, you must bring the required proofs of residency listed above to your appointment. If you are unable to provide or have any questions regarding the required documents, please discuss this with the school secretary when scheduling your child’s registration appointment. If the required proofs of residency are not provided at the time of registration, your child will not be enrolled in a school building or assigned a teacher until received.
We will print your child’s most up-to-date immunization record. A physical is not required.
ALL IMMUNIZATIONS MUST BE UP TO DATE PRIOR TO THE START OF SCHOOL.
Kindergarten classes will be offered at Siple Elementary, Thomson Elementary and Hill Elementary. Currently, developmental kindergarten classes are only available at Thomson Elementary. Representatives from each building will be available during registration to process your child’s enrollment documents and answer any questions you may have. If all required documentation listed above is received, you will be notified of your child’s school building placement, kindergarten orientation date and time, and teacher assignment in early August.
We’re excited to meet you and your child and look forward to having your child join Davison Community Schools!