Latest COVID-19 Update Re: Meal Distribution Sites, Supplementary Resources and Extended Shut Down Schedule
Monday, March 23, 2020
Dear Cardinal Families:
Due to Governor Whitmer’s “Stay-At-Home” order, we must make the following adjustments to the District’s practices when it comes to our distribution of meals, supplemental curriculum packets and the anticipated return date for students.
Food Distribution Sites
In order to keep our staff and volunteers safe, we are restructuring the way we will distribute meals beginning tomorrow, Tuesday, March 24. We will only be providing meals on a drive-through basis from 1:30-3 p.m. at the following locations:
- Central Elementary - Enter at the Bus Loop off Lexington on the west side of the building.
- Gates Elementary - Enter at the Parent Drop-off Loop on the south side of the building.
- Siple Elementary - Enter at the Parent Drop-Off Loop on the southwest side of the building.
- Davison Middle School/Hahn Intermediate - Enter at the Hahn Staff Park Lot at Clark and Dayton streets. Distribution will be at the southeast side of the building (near gymnasium entrance).
- Davison High School/Davison Alternative Education - Distribution will take place between the high school cafeteria and the Alternative Education building at the southeast corner of the high school.
Please remain in your car and one of our staff members will hand you the meal(s) for your student(s).
It does not matter which building your student attends; parents can pick up one meal per each child age 18 and under at any site. In order to help us continue offering these meals, please, limit the number of meals you request to the number of children you have in your household so everyone can benefit from this service.
Also, we will no longer be able to deliver meals to those unable to make it to a site. We apologize for this inconvenience but we are no longer able to continue doing this.
Supplementary Resource Packets
It appears that more people than those who responded to our survey showed up to pick up the supplementary packets at the distribution sites today. That’s a good problem to have! We are making more copies today and will have the same packets available at the food drive-in sites tomorrow. Please refer to the Resources we emailed out earlier to parents (and can also be found on our website and social media sites) and feel free to email your child’s teacher(s) for suggestions, help,
School Closure Extended to April 13
The Governor’s Stay At Home Order is effective until Monday, April 13. This means her previous order, which shut schools down until Monday, April 6, is no longer in effect. We will remain hopeful that schools will be back in session by April 13 and will communicate once we know more.
Take care and stay healthy,
Kevin Brown, Superintendent